IBPS Clerk Exam Selection Process 2017 CWE VII (With New Guidelines)
IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 notification is out by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS). IBPS Clerk 2017 (Common Witten Examination)CWE schedule Preliminary Exam in December 2017 and Mains in January 2018 in various cities of different states. IBPS Clerk Exam Centers
Dates set by the IBPS for Clerk CWE examination
Preliminary exam – 02 Dec. 2017, 03 Dec. 2017, 09 Dec. 2017 and 10 Dec. 2017
Mains exam – 21st Jan. 2018
The purpose of conducting exam is to recruit clerical cadre posts in various public sector banks. Candidates interested in applying for IBPS Clerk Exam must check the Eligibility Criteria for Clerk Exam and the IBPS Selection process before filling the form online.
IBPS Clerk Selection Procedure split into two different sections first is Prelims exam and another is Mains Common written exam(CWE). Check the complete details given below
IBPS Clerk Selection Process 2017
a) IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam
b) IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection schedule the IBPS Clerk Online Exam in an objective type paper mode which is divided into two levels i.e Prelims and Mains exam.
IBPS Clerks CWE - Prelims 2017
Preliminary exam contains 100 questions of 100 marks with the time duration of 01 Hour. Candidates need to clear the prelims exam to appear the second round of IBPS Clerk Selection Process that is Mains Exam. IBPS declare the cut-off regarding the passing marks for pre-exam, on the basis of which the passed candidates will be shortlisted. IBPS Clerk Score result will be available to candidates online.
IBPS Clerk Prelims exam is the mandatory step towards the mains examination, and aspirants have to crack prelims first to reach the second round.
Extra time will not be allotted to any candidate in case they shall not be able to complete the entire paper. There is overall timing provided, which is 1 hour, within which candidate has to complete overall paper.
In the calculation of scores, a rule of negative marking also follows. Negative marking Guidelines
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam 2017
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam contains 190 questions from four sections i.e Reasoning, English Language, General Awareness and Quantitative Aptitude. Each section consists separate marks and the time duration of clerk mains exam is 160 minutes. Here also the rule of negative marking follows. And to qualify for IBPS Clerk Selection, each candidate is required to score minimum passing marks.
Changes in IBPS Clerk Selection Process 2017
There are some changes introduced by IBPS this year in IBPS Clerk Mains Exam:
- Previously, the duration of clerk mains exam was 135 minutes but this year, IBPS allotted 25 minutes more and now candidates will have 160 minutes to complete the mains paper.
- Secondly, earlier the mains examination includes computer and reasoning subjects as different sections but now they have combined it in a single section.
- Thirdly, previous exam pattern includes 40-40 question asked from General awareness and Reasoning but this year 50 questions will be asked in both the papers. Also, the time duration for attending reasoning paper has been increased by 15 minutes as earlier it was just 30 minutes on 40 questions but this time it is increased to 45 minutes to handle 50 questions.
Verification of documents is the third step in the selection process of IBPS Clerk recruitment. Candidates who have successfully cleared the mains examination those candidates will be called for the final process that is document verification. And at this time, candidate's every document will be checked and matched to the details which they entered at the time of filling the online application form of IBPS Clerk Exam.
So, it is mandatory to carry all the original documents with you because if you missed something then your final IBPS Clerk selection can be missed forever.
Here is the list of documents which the authorities ask you to bring for verification:
- Printout of Valid Calls Letter
- Valid System generated Online Application form
- Date of Birth Proof
- Photo Identity Proof
- Graduation Mark sheet
- If Applied for reservation Caste Certificate
- Medical Certificate for Physically Disability candidates
- Experience Certificates
- NOC from department those candidates are pursuing in any Government Jobs / Public Sector Undertaking etc.
After document verification candidate will be warmly welcomed by public sector banks.
All the best.